Schwan's - A family of really smart people.... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's

"A family of really smart people...."

Current Employee - Director in Marshall, MN
Current Employee - Director in Marshall, MN

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Schwan's has drawn a lot of really smart people - this keeps me on my toes. This is a family company, despite the passing of Alfred and Marvin. Many of the principles of the founders still resonate today. I have been given many opportunities and look forward to more.

Cons

Only downside is that it is a privately held company that adheres to public company practices. While I certainly care about quarterly and yearly results, sometimes, the right decision is right. We need to be able to take advantage of doing the right thing because we can, not because the ROI is less than 2 years,

Advice to Management

Find a way to reinvigorate the family atmosphere at the depots. They are the backbone to the process and we need to ensure they have the same sense of engagement as those in the office.

Other Employee Reviews for Schwan's

"Once a happy employee"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Leader
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Leader

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You get out of it what you put in to it. Good opportunity to make money if you follow the plan and work hard. Decent benefits and 401K. Mostly good people to work with.

Cons

As of late,way too much micro management. They used to talk of having an entrepreneurial spirit and that is what drove the company. Now it's exactly their way or the highway. Too many reports and paperwork and not enough time to work with the employees in the field.

Advice to Management

Let the local managers and district managers run their sales companies and hold them accountable to the results.

"Micro Managed and Under Paid"

Current Employee - Schwans RSR in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Schwans RSR in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Insurance but it's not that great.
    You do meet and make some great friends on your route.

Cons

As a RSR we can't manage our own routes do to company policies, yet they say "take care of your routes."
    Our trucks are always broken down forcing Saturday work schedules costing us sales and COMMISSION, but as a company they don't care and won't even listen to possible fixes or ideas from their guys and gals who knock doors every day.
    The call center is useless as they duplicate current customers as well as pull people off your route and assign them to the incorrect route costing you commission.
    Making 1% commission on everything sold until you sell 900.00 is a slap in the face.
    Dump the idiotic "at location metrics". Why drive across town to someone who has already called you saying they don't want service?

Advice to Management

Get back to a GOOD base pay like a 2 years ago.
    Quit micro managing our routes and quit limiting your RSR's resources.
    Buy new HHC that can handle the new software.