Schwan's - Food Scientist-R&D corporate | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Food Scientist-R&D corporate"

Current Employee - Food Scientist in Marshall, MN
Current Employee - Food Scientist in Marshall, MN

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good R&D team, very helpful colleagues. For Schwans, Helping one other is the theory to succeed. Good compensation and benefits, good time off. Your good work is recognized, encouraged and rewarded here. This is my 5th Job and so far the best Food company I have ever worked for!!! I am glad to work for schwans. Good management and bosses are ready to help you when you are stuck or you have roadblocks in projects. Overall Great company to work for!!! GREAT VISION AND GREAT VALUES!!! Supports Healthy Quality Frozen food over profit.

Cons

Every company needs improvement, no company is 100%. Sometimes work load is high but overall less stress annually.

Advice to Management

Techs enjoy working here, need better organization as far as utilization of techs is concerned.

Other Employee Reviews for Schwan's

"Amazing"

Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Bloomington, MN
    Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Schwan's as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

It is defiantly a large company with a small company feel. During my internship I became a member of the food service "family". I had so much fun an got to experience many things that you don't experience in a regular internship. I met and spoke with our CEO and CHRO extensively. I believe I made some great connections and some good friends. The college recruiters were very receptive of ideas to make the program better.

Cons

I would have liked more free ice cream (because it is that good) and maybe more group lunches.

2. "Enjoyable place for employment"

I worked at Schwan's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fair pay, fair hours and good well intentioned people to work with. A location where a tight schedule can be maintained.

Cons

Tight budget, but food production, packaging and tranporting is a low profit enterprise. All processes are to be studied and improved upon as much and operated safe as possible.

Advice to Management

Keep working, keep improving.