Schwan's - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's

"YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!"

Former Employee - General Manager
Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Schwan's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Customers are nice that's about it!!!!

Cons

Pay is awful, hours are awful, you are treated like a dog and you can not trust anyone....If you read everyone's reviews they basically all say the same thing. Why the hell would you want to work here??? always hiring. Interviews would consist of taking a mirror sticking it under a candidates nose and if there is air coming out he or she passed the 1st part of interview. 2nd part would be are you ok with never being at home, not having dinner with your family and finally can you work 60-75hrs a week at minimum wage. If they answered yes to all parts they were hired. So if you are looking for job and you interview at schwans sorry guys/gals if you have a pulse you have a 75% chance of getting the job.

Advice to Management

outdated business model. another new CEO?? What does it tell you over the past 5 years to have 3 CEO'S.I actually feel bad for the new CEO. He has hands full!!!

Other Employee Reviews for Schwan's

1. "Enjoyable place for employment"

I worked at Schwan's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fair pay, fair hours and good well intentioned people to work with. A location where a tight schedule can be maintained.

Cons

Tight budget, but food production, packaging and tranporting is a low profit enterprise. All processes are to be studied and improved upon as much and operated safe as possible.

Advice to Management

Keep working, keep improving.

"Disappointed to see so much talent wasted in an industry and business model that's obsolete"

Former Employee - Route Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Route Sales Representative

I worked at Schwan's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No inherent pros other than the hard working people at the depot level.

Cons

I was hired to replace an RSR who quit. From the customers I inherited I learned that he hated his job and was pretty terrible at it. I only worked for several weeks before I realized that my hours would be 11+ hours a day for the foreseeable future. I had no time or energy at the end of work days to do anything. Sometimes I didn't eat dinner. At first I thought if I built up a new customer base upon existing routes I was hired to cover that I could reduce my hours but I realized I was over my head. The business model does not work.

For most days I had to drive 50 minutes one way just to get to the town/area I was servicing. I felt like I was in the 60's while working here. The food is mediocre, overpriced, and most of it is unhealthy and not nutritious. I can see why the company is running a loss and sales keep dropping year by year. I give Schwan's 5 years before they file a Chapter 9. Management keeps getting replaced because the bean counters in MN are at a loss at how to revive a business model built in MAD MEN times when we have knowledgeable consumers and internet orders. Most of the customers that were regulars are either elderly, old-fashioned, or just feel obligated to purchase something because they feel bad for the RSR. The smart ones understand I can make $70k a year if I train in a specific field with a skillset. This is a job for ex-cons at this point.

Advice to Management

Think long-term and start thinking about other opportunities.