Schwan's - Positive | Glassdoor

"Positive"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great size company- not too big, not too small. Good people working in the field. Solid products and getting better. Good benefits also.

Cons

Pay could be better for the amount of work, but that's the life of commission sales. Also limited growth opportunities within the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Schwan's

"On our way from good.... to great!"

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great passion in the people that work here every day to make this a great company. Pride in who we are and where we are headed... Great products... and great focus -- every day, we are resolved to grow advocacy from our employees, customers and consumers!

Cons

Change is always difficult... Some in our field have struggled to understand that what's good for the employee, but bad for the customer or consumer.. is ultimately bad.

Advice to Management

Keep moving our business forward! Onward and upward!

"frustrating"

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Route Sales Representative

I have been working at Schwan's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You have the opportunity to build your route so that you can have a good income. Not locked into an hourly rate where someone else tells you what you're worth. 40% discounts on Schwans food. Plus you get to meet lots of great people on routes!

Cons

Not nearly as much freedom as we had a few years ago. Upper management is micro-managing like crazy! Most of them have never run routes for Schwans and it shows! I understand that you have slackers for whom you have to hold their hands to get them through the day, but, this is nuts!

Advice to Management

To those who came up with the "manifests" in Home Service and the people who approved them - get your heads out of your tech manuals and your rear-ends in the DRIVERS seat of a home service truck! Schwans needs to go through the "undercover boss" process immediately! You could do it internally and "save face."