Schwan's - Inreresting | Glassdoor

"Inreresting"

Current Employee - Route Manager in El Paso, TX
Current Employee - Route Manager in El Paso, TX

Pros

service,customer, benefits and trucks call center helping customers orders.

Cons

Hours, management, and co-workers not used to comission

Advice to Management

better training, on products for customers and better technology

Other Employee Reviews for Schwan's

"Simply a Terrible Place to Work"

Current Employee - CSM in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - CSM in El Paso, TX

Pros

Decent benefits and it's a paycheck FOR NOW.

Cons

The pay structure just changed to a heavy commission base, usually wouldn't be bad except that the first tier is 1%, next to nothing+50.00 for showing up and if your lucky enough to hit your time windows you may get an additional 50.00.
    Some current CSM's (route drivers) are making 38,000 per year salary. When the new pay scale is implemented, these same CSM's(route drivers) will have to sell $1,100.00 per day to maintain their current salary. Problem is most routes in the company do not currently earn anywhere near that in sales. We are looking at a $6,000.00 pay reduction per year. Now if your a CSM and mandated to work Saturday you will only make 50.00 plus commission!!!
     Ask any driver that is a CSM making 38k salary what they are going to do when the new pay gets here. That's right, we are job searching already and our customers will face yet another new route driver, great way to lose business.

We can't even take a part time job to offset our losses because we don't have time working from 9am-9pm and later on quite a few days.

Schwan's be prepared to start a huge roll-over in employees and you are going to start losing customers again- can you afford this?

Advice to Management

Buy a CLUE! Leave the pay structure alone or make it better not worse! The people not assigned to routes will make more money than people who are.
    Forget the (Time Window) incentive and up the base scale so current drivers don't lose money.
    I have over doubled my routes sales from when I took it over and this is my reward!

"Good experience"

Current Employee - Analyst in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Analyst in Bloomington, MN

Pros

Trying to do the right thing. Benefits are at a decent level. A variety of people and talents from improved recruiting.

Cons

Salary is not competitive if you were hired prior to a couple of years ago and there is no sign in making a significant effort to improve that.

Advice to Management

On the right track for improvements in terms of salary and being competitive, but need to look at how to improve it for long-term employees as well.