Schwan's - Great Opportunity | Glassdoor

"Great Opportunity"

CSM

I have been working at Schwan's

Pros

I spent 20 years as a professional food buyer as well as in management. I always said, if I ever went into sales, it would have to be with products that I had used & believed in. Schwan's was one of those companies. When I made a career change, I went with Schwan's. I enjoy the challenge & meeting people. I like addressing a customer's needs, whether it is a business or a residence. The product-line has great quality that I can be proud of. I can honestly say I haven't met anyone, within the tiers of corporate management, who failed to be supportive of employees ... know their job, offer advice,etc. The company continues to thrive, because it has a good foundation for its employees to build on. I am moving up and I love my job!

Cons

The job demands long hours, but this is true with any company if you are working sales/marketing (especially in the food industry). However, a lot of jobs demand long hours, weekends and/or holidays. If you don't believe me, ask a nurse, a cop, EMS, firemen, a chef, etc. It helps to keep things in perspective.

Schwan's2011-06-27
  1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - OTR/L in Gulfport, MS

I worked at Schwan's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great co workers, Awesome customers!

Cons

You won’t be home until at least 9pm.

Schwan's2020-01-28
  2. "It's a job"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Canton, GA

I worked at Schwan's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very little micro-managing, flexible hours

Cons

No promotion within the company, not recognized for accomplishments. DSD is a dying industry.

Schwan's2020-02-05

Discover more reviews about Schwan's.