SciMetrika - Disorganized and frustrating. | Glassdoor

"Disorganized and frustrating."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Pros

Really nice people, opportunities to learn about government contracting, good social environment.

Cons

Uncompetitive salary, inconsistencies in salary determination, disorganized management, boring work, lack of growth opportunities/promotions, too little vacation (2 weeks)....the list can go on

Advice to Management

Be consistent and fair; listen to your employees!

Other Employee Reviews for SciMetrika

"Good staff hamstrung by senior leadership"

Pros

Good pay, decent benefits, responsive front line staff.

Cons

Senior management is indifferent to needs outside RTP. The Atlanta office is understaffed and undersupported, leading to bad customer service at CDC and a poor reputation for SciMetrika. Some SciMetrika staff push for contracted staff to solicit business regardless of the ethics and conflict of interest. Lip service to professional development but no opportunities for training or career paths within the company. Finally, there is no mechanism to handle employee problems with their CDC or SciMetrika supervisor. SciMetrika would rather drive away one good employee after another than address a continuing problem.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to spend more time in Atlanta to understand the challenges of supporting staff who are on-site at CDC. Soliciting business should be the responsibility of the full time SciMetrika staff that manage contracts not the staff who are contracted to provide services. Also, stop responding to negative reviews by asking staff to write good ones. Instead of telling people to come to the CEO with their problems, establish an HR that is empowered to deal with employee problems.

"Best place I have ever worked!"

I have been working at SciMetrika full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been a working professional for 20 years and SciMetrika is hands down one of the best work environments I have ever been in. The people here are great and everyone goes out of their way to help. Unlike larger company’s our CEO is always accessible and genuinely cares about the people who work here.

Cons

We are a small growing company and you have to be willing to step up into areas you may not be familiar with. I don't really see this as a con but some folks might not like stepping outside their comfort zone.

Advice to Management

Keep the small company atmosphere and don’t ever let red tape, rules or guidelines keep us from being a premier provider to our clients.