Scotiabank - Okay place, just not for me | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Scotiabank

"Okay place, just not for me"

Former Contractor - Quality Assurance Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Former Contractor - Quality Assurance Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Scotiabank as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked in the mobile development office which was run very much like a start-up. The environment was relaxed with casual dress and flexible hours. You could work whatever hours you wanted as long as you were there from 11-3.
Young crowd- very social environment
Managers are super nice

Cons

A little too unstructured for my liking. There is no sense of onboarding whatsoever. They essentially give you a laptop and no instructions on what should be on it, etc.
There is a lot of environment downtime which can lead to a very long and boring day with nothing to do
I was on contract through another company and my pay with them was low with essentially no health benefits.
I found it difficult to integrate into the team from a work standpoint. It seemed like the other QA on my team didn't want to share information with me or teach me anything.
QA personnel were basically was ignored. We weren't included in any meetings with the BAs or the business side. You were just given the specs and were required to create test cases and test the functionality without being told if the function was ready or when testing should be finished.

Advice to Management

Rework the onboarding process and allow new hires to feel as if they are part of the team by involving them in the meetings concerning the projects they are working on.

Other Employee Reviews for Scotiabank

1. "Quite good, it is good place to work if you are looking for a big company with moderate pressure and reasonable promotio"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Scotiabank part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are supportive and willing to teach you what they know to help you improve on the job quickly

Cons

Routine, workplace politics. Like every work environment there are matters that may become annoying and bothersome, so be aware and keep calm

Advice to Management

Promotion

2. "Amazing"

I have been working at Scotiabank full-time

Pros

career advancement, team spirit, training

Cons

work load, stress, too big