Scottrade - ok for intern | Glassdoor

"ok for intern"

Current Employee - Intern in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Intern in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

paid, easy to hire, big name, good start as intern, easy work, but TOO easy

Cons

the manager of my debt treats his employee in very unfair way, such as working hour, promotion and workload. There is too much politic , for intern even!? Really? I hope the problem is only existed on my dept otherwise it is a big problem of Scottrade

Advice to Management

please don't promote someone that is not qualified just because you like her, it pissed all other employee off.

Other Employee Reviews for Scottrade

"Lots of Politics"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Expressing your feelings about the Obama Care in a Blog without any backlash.
    Great Job in promoting from within the company.

Cons

First, I'm not "allowed" to say anything negative about the company but here we go...
    Promoting from within let's Scottrade low ball everyone when it comes to Salary.
    Bonus has been a record breaking low compared to other companies.
    Must move to STL if you're looking for a corporate promotion.
    Scottrade only allows certain people to answer questionnaires when it comes "top 100 best places to work".
    etc, etc, etc, etc...

Advice to Management

Please keep your political opinion outside of work. Please be fair and balance with each department. Please don't allow family members to work there if they're related to someone in HR. That brings everyone down...

2. "Great place to learn!"

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Continuous improvement is part of the organizational culture at Scottrade. They really want you to keep learning and progressing as a professional. Great place for MIS professionals get some exerience in the finance field.

Cons

I felt like I left without really understanding my purpose as an intern. I just had the feeling they hired me to study every day and learn as much as possible about the company and capital markets in general. There wasnt a set goal to be accomplished.

Advice to Management

Better organize your internship program. I graduated in Finance and went in thinking that I would get an experience in the finance industry, but it ended up being an IT internship as I learned a whole lot about data bases!