Scottrade - Rapidly diving into mediocrity and obsolescence! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Scottrade

"Rapidly diving into mediocrity and obsolescence!"

Current Employee - Stockbroker
Current Employee - Stockbroker

I have been working at Scottrade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary, work/life balance, benefits - but they're increasing premiums faster than pay increases.

Cons

Just about everything else! Inferior platforms, incompetent operations staff at HQ but when you pay 12-13/hr, you get what you pay for. Inferior services and everything involves paperwork. When my wife had an E-trade account before I became an employee, I requested a check online - I didn't have to call and speak with anyone. The bank is truly pathetic and the fact that each bank account is tied to a parent brokerage account, thus no transferability between multiple bank and brokerage accounts is so archaic it's just ridiculous. You will get tired of your clients belittling you and saying "so what do you do" after you tell them that you don't offer advice. If I had a penny for every time I heard that I'd be retired. How rewarding is that when you're mocked by your clients on a daily basis. If you like being sworn at and insulted and spending multiple hours per day helping 93 year-olds reset their passwords, then by all means Scottrade is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Get with the program and ditch the overly conservative legal counsel and management filling Roger's head with paranoid dribble. The "it's a business decision" garbage is getting really old. We have no excuse for being rapidly left behind by the competition and if you think you can continue to blame your branch personnel for the failing company, you're going to be left with subpar branch staff real quick. Put the Branch Admin department (which is a useless bureaucratic waste of a department anyway) in it's place.

Other Employee Reviews for Scottrade

1. "Not a bad place to start."

Current Intern - Intern
    Current Intern - Intern

I have been working at Scottrade as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Stress free work environment. Ample free time. Able to learn. Many locations.

Cons

Work is repetitive. Little room for advancement. They dont care about what employees want.

Advice to Management

Get better

2. "Branch broker"

Current Employee - Stockbroker in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Stockbroker in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Scottrade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great corporate culture. Family feel.

Cons

limited advancement potential. lower salaries.