Scottrade - I would not recommend that anyone work at Scottrade! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Scottrade

"I would not recommend that anyone work at Scottrade!"

I worked at Scottrade full-time

Pros

The friends that I made while working there. It was a great place to work when I first started.

Cons

Poor Management. They do not display fair practices. They do not value good employees. If you have a complaint, nothing is done to resolve the issue. The issue is shoved under the rug as if it didn't happen. You will only go somewhere in this company if management likes you! The pay is so low for what you are asked to do!

Advice to Management

Management: I truly think that you need to reevaluate how you are rolling out this reorganization. It is not well thought out and it is done extremely unfair. I think that you need to take a look into HR and who is making the decisions. I disagree with the way things transpired and feel that many will and do feel the same. I took my issue of harassment and retaliation to upper management several times and Nothing was done! I was miserable as my boss harassed me daily making me feel inadequate and a poor performer! This is clearly NOT the case I assure you! She is a mean spirited and hateful person but upper management likes her so she will stay. If management likes you, you will have a job. This is the bottom line at Scottrade Corporate. I will not refer one person to work there. I don't regret the great friends that I met but will never forget how awful I was treated and nothing was done!

Other Employee Reviews for Scottrade

"Future not looking bright"

I worked at Scottrade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Convenient locations, 8 hour work days

Cons

They recently did a company wide Re Organization. This resulted in positions being eliminated and therefore several people in multiple departments were laid off.Their main goal is to continue being on the Fortune Top 100 Places to Work and disguising their lay offs as a Re Org. Bonuses have also been at an all time low.

Advice to Management

The company is losing it's personal touch and family culture. Management chooses to hires their friends from outside the company rather than utilizing talent with in the firm and also plays favorites.

2. "If they'd catch up it'd be great"

Current Employee - Stockbroker
    Current Employee - Stockbroker

I have been working at Scottrade full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance, laid back atmosphere.

Cons

Tons of talk, slow to act. Needs to catch up to the competition. Not much room for growth if you don't live in St Louis.

Advice to Management

Hire managers with sufficient market knowledge. Clients keep leaving because they want dividend reinvestment. Where is it?!