Scottrade - Opportunity is limited, along with leadership vision and direction | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Scottrade

"Opportunity is limited, along with leadership vision and direction"

Former Employee - Marketing in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Marketing in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Scottrade full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture. Physical facility is nice.

Cons

Pay is terrible. Even with long lists of accomplishments and stacks of excellent reviews, I couldn't get traction like lesser qualified peers around me had. I did not participate in politics and just always focused on getting the job done and forward thinking strategy. Perhaps I should have back stabbed my peers and self-promoted more. Maybe compromising my personal standards would have helped me to become an AVP overnight like some peers in the department.

Advice to Management

Marketing department is falling apart. CMO went from a "share your ideas, so we can improve the department" sentiment to one of creating fear among employees. No one wanted to speak up to address problems for fear of retribution. I don't think senior management is strategic enough to compete in the marketplace. Too many execs seem like they've been promoted to a level of incompetence. There is a lot of talk about strategy, but ideas tend to swirl for months before an extremely watered down product or campaign is put into market.

Other Employee Reviews for Scottrade

1. "I worked at City of Cerritos, CA part-time for more than a year"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cerritos, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cerritos, CA

I have been working at Scottrade part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities across the department to become involved in. Pretty clear and easy line of communication regarding any possible concerns. Management has changed for the better recently

Cons

Working for the City of Alexandria can be tough to get your foot in the door as often the majority of hires are actually re hires but they have to go through the "hiring process." Unfortunately you'll never know what is going on until you receive an email months down the road.
    Advice to Senior Management – Be up front about rehires

Advice to Management

I would recommend this company to a friend

"Senior mgmt. out of touch with how to run the business and desire to relate to employees. Extreme arrogance."

Current Employee - Middle Management in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Scottrade full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you performance is lacking will not be fired.

Cons

Executives have destroyed the core culture and business of Scottrade.