Screenvision - a few do well... if you're not on the "list" you're out of luck | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Screenvision

"a few do well... if you're not on the "list" you're out of luck"

Former Employee - Account Executive
Former Employee - Account Executive

Pros

small salary (opposed to none)... expenses paid if you jump through hoops... movies... a few nice co workers

Cons

very poor upper management... they play favorites big time... if you find a large account you are told its "too big" for you , even if you have great contacts and rapport with the client. Constant turnover. very unrealistic pricing and very little room to negotiate... they'd rather have theaters with no advertisers (there are scores of them) and be "proud" of their integrity, instead of realistic pricing and a chance for salespeople to make a living. You are "scolded" for thinking "out of the box"... on conference calls, for all to hear... ... negative conference calls with upper management that are disheartening. You never know who, gets fired,,, you only get a new phone list (usually a couple times a month). seriously unfair and unrealistic non compete forms etc for such a low paying job with minimal training. Very high production costs... even if a client provides an ad. unrealistic

Advice to Management

Get real... treat your salespeople like people...rather than commodities... these are people with families etc and deserve much better than they get from upper management.

Other Employee Reviews for Screenvision

"Outdated and out of touch"

Pros

one of only 2 real cinema advertising companies, and has the best on screen adv. model. Marketing has great concepts.

Cons

treat employees with disrespect and considers everyone replaceable. would rather replace than nuture and mgmt acts as if they run sweatshops. They do not encourage customer relations as much as they beleive in upselling at any cost. Pay is barely comparable to other media and upper mgmt has turned into a "good ole boy" network back from the "Mad Men" days. It was a great company at one time that has managed to be run into the ground.

Advice to Management

They got rid of all upper mgmt a year ago and are now on to new but not necessarily improved. They need to change their attitude and if that doesn't work, chnage the mgmt again. Treat employees with respect and fairness, quit acting like they run a sweatshop and that everyone is expendable. Do not continue to pit employees against one another and actually come through with promises once they are made. No one theer is living up to the expectations set especially upper mgmt and it is slowly ruining the company and it's reputation inside and out on the street.

"Local Sales"

I worked at Screenvision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I received a job offer that I could not refuse after quite a few years working here. I found it very hard to accept the offer knowing I was leaving behind a very supportive VP and Regional Manager who have always helped me to succeed. I loved selling cinema and it really is what small businesses need today. I see other reviews on Glassdoor and I just dont understand the unhappiness as I loved it... I would recommend this job in local sales to anyone.

Cons

I would have loved to had more time to sell earlier in the show

Advice to Management

ignore Glassdoor and keep supporting your sellers in local