Scribe Media - Where careers begin | Glassdoor

"Where careers begin"

Current Employee - Publisher in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Scribe Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

A lot of companies talk about culture, but then simply refer to a framed list of tenets hung on the wall after you've signed on. Not Book In A Box. By the end of my orientation, I discovered how seriously this company took the notion of hiring for culture first, skillset second. I've never felt more at home, nor have I ever truly felt I was pursuing a career until I joined BIAB.

Cons

The only "downside" is that everything happens at startup speed. Change in processes is frequent, but always for the better. Not a con for those not averse to rapid change.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Scribe Media2017-08-10

Other Employee Reviews

"Scribe is a Once-in-a-Lifetime Opportunity"

Current Employee - Master of Coin in Austin, TX

I have been working at Scribe Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pros of working at Scribe are limitless. You are given complete permission and all the resources to learn as much as you possibly can. You are expected to level up and grow -- in your role, in your department, and as a person. This is a real Tribe of Shepards. Everyone has complete autonomy to work however they best can deliver Results. Scribe was ranked as having THE #1 Top Company Culture in America for a... reason ;)

Cons

Scribe is a FAST growing company. You'll hear the phrase "what got you here won't get you there" often. What this means is that this is not a great fit for anyone with fixed mindsets, unwillingness to grow or level up, or anyone that feels comfortable resting on their laurels.

Scribe Media2019-01-04
  2. "Stay Far Away"

Former Freelancer - Writer

I worked at Scribe Media for less than a year

Pros

None I can think of

Cons

Any respectable freelance writer should stay far away as the projects are laughable and the pay terrible. The books they turn out are awful, too.

Scribe Media2019-08-24

Discover more reviews about Scribe Media.