Scribe Media - I didn't believe all the hype either, until I experienced it for myself. | Glassdoor

"I didn't believe all the hype either, until I experienced it for myself."

Current Employee - Publishing Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Scribe Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are too many to mention them all. Meaningful work, set your own schedule, free healthcare, remote working, However, the Tribe (we don't have employees) is the #1 Pro in my mind. From the moment you walk in as a new hire, you are treated like you've been part of the Tribe for years. Everyone actually cares about everyone else, takes an active interest in each other's lives and honestly want to help each other... be better people all around. JT (the CEO) is simultaneously the most humble example of servant leadership I've ever seen, while somehow also being the hardest working hustler since Ray Kroc. The second biggest pro is that you are treated like an adult. No looking over your shoulder or arbitrary rules to follow, just get your work done and be an adult and you'll be treated like one. You can have honest conversations, be your real and whole self, take time for family and hobbies, etc without anyone thinking less of you; the contrary in fact. In my time here so far, BIAB has so exceeded my already high expectations it's hard to even put into words. It took almost a month before I stopped looking for the "other shoe to drop", but it never did! This place is actually as amazing as it seems looking in from the outside, better actually! Everyone here is absolutely stellar and if you get the chance to even meet anyone from BIAB you'll be better off for it, I'm still in shock that I get to surround myself with them every day.

Cons

I think if you are the right fit you won't really find any "cons", but I think there are a lot of things that might be considered a con by those considering applying. The two pros I mentioned above can be cons if you are the kind of person that likes to "fly under the radar" or "rest and vest", you'll find none of that here. If you are insecure and like to be told you are better than you really are, you won't like... it here. Everyone here is a superstar, literally everyone! I feel like the least accomplished person in the room every day, but I love it because I get to learn from these people too. You'll be told your strengths and weaknesses honestly in a way that helps you grow, but if you don't like hearing about what you can improve on, it could be a con. Also, you must hold yourself accountable. There is no schedule, time cards, etc to keep you on task, you are expected to be able to handle your responsibilities and manage your own schedule. If you have a challenging time self-motivating or stay focused, you’ll have a tough time.

Advice to Management

Nothing we haven't already talked about! That's another pro, being able to talk directly with the CEO, one that actually values your input.

Scribe Media2018-06-01

Other Employee Reviews

"Scribe is a Once-in-a-Lifetime Opportunity"

Current Employee - Master of Coin in Austin, TX

I have been working at Scribe Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pros of working at Scribe are limitless. You are given complete permission and all the resources to learn as much as you possibly can. You are expected to level up and grow -- in your role, in your department, and as a person. This is a real Tribe of Shepards. Everyone has complete autonomy to work however they best can deliver Results. Scribe was ranked as having THE #1 Top Company Culture in America for a... reason ;)

Cons

Scribe is a FAST growing company. You'll hear the phrase "what got you here won't get you there" often. What this means is that this is not a great fit for anyone with fixed mindsets, unwillingness to grow or level up, or anyone that feels comfortable resting on their laurels.

Scribe Media2019-01-04
  2. "Stay Far Away"

Former Freelancer - Writer

I worked at Scribe Media for less than a year

Pros

None I can think of

Cons

Any respectable freelance writer should stay far away as the projects are laughable and the pay terrible. The books they turn out are awful, too.

Scribe Media2019-08-24

Discover more reviews about Scribe Media.