Seagate Technology - Decent place to work but could do without the stress | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Seagate Technology

"Decent place to work but could do without the stress"

Current Employee - Development Engineer in Shakopee, MN
Current Employee - Development Engineer in Shakopee, MN

Pros

One of the best reasons to work for Seagate is that it is a fairly big company with plenty of work to do. The colleagues I work with a very driven and intelligent and I enjoy working alongside them. There is a lllllottt of work and so the sluggish economy does not have any effect on the morale of the people because there is no fear about no work = layoffs.

Cons

The disc drive business is cut-throat, and most of the time the leads are stressed out, which reflects on their behavior towards their coworkers.

Advice to Management

Senior management need to pull themselves together without ego and politics coming in the way.

Other Employee Reviews for Seagate Technology

1. "Great place to work."

Former Employee - Intern in Shrewsbury, MA
    Former Employee - Intern in Shrewsbury, MA

Pros

Good corporate culture for such a large company. Everyone seemed to work together very well together, and the Shrewsbury office seemed like a small family. The knowledge base of the Shrewsbury office is extraordinary. The wealth of knowledge from the people that have worked there since the Digital days is extremely beneficial.

Cons

The major downside, for myself, a college student, is the high average age of the company. There are hardly any employees under 30, and the knowledge from experience in the industry is lacking for anyone starting out. Besides this there are not too many downsides to the corporate culture of Seagate.

Advice to Management

Advice to give to the Senior Management is to continue promoting youthfulness inside the company. Begin to hire recent college graduates in order to transfer the knowledge base to a new generation of workers.

2. "Seagate - Strong in Balance and Community"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Scotts Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Scotts Valley, CA

Pros

Seagate is a very community oriented company - both in the US and abroad. The company is seeing exciting growth across it's portfolio of products. Morale is good - as long as the flexible compensation (bonus) is paid out. Managers I've worked for have strongly promoted work/life balance - they work us hard but always, family first. Communication has improved over the past few years - senior management have taken steps to ensure that the individual contributors know both where we are going and why we are going there. I'd certainly recommend the company as a good place to work.

Cons

Communication is improving, but there is still some work to do. Sticking to a direction would be helpful - and turnover in executive positions is hurting morale.

Advice to Management

Keep the information flowing downward - and don't hesitate to reverse the flow every now and again.