Sears - it is a very freindly environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

"it is a very freindly environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Pros

The managment is very good and very professional. The place is very freindly and i learnt a lot during my stay there.

Cons

So far so good i am quite happy but the pay is very low as compared to other similar companies .

Advice to Management

appreciate your commitment and hardwork

Other Employee Reviews for Sears

"Not worth the trouble"

Current Employee - Cashier in Charlottesville, VA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Charlottesville, VA

Pros

- There's room for advancement and moving around in the company most of the time.
    - Nice co-workers for the most part.
    - I was praised often for signing customers up for credit cards and rewards programs.

Cons

Management doesn't have their act together. I've been an employee at Sears for a month and, while my employee ID number was assigned, I've never been able to use it to punch in/out for shifts. This meant I had to use punch correction slips every week, which became very frustrating. After bringing this to the attention of my managers, I was repeatedly answered with, "I'll look into that." The issue was never resolved.

On top of that, despite my time with the company, I am still not included on weekly schedules when posted. I have to run to the back and ask for a schedule to be made. One week, I was given 3 different schedules by 3 different managers because I "still wasn't in the system". After a month! This lead to enormous confusion and tongue lashings that I did not deserve.

Furthermore, while I was trained well enough to operate a register, 90% of the job I had to teach myself or learn from trial and error. When I asked for advice on how to do a certain command on the computer, like a discount or a return or whatever, I was met with rolled eyes and exasperated sighs.

Advice to Management

When you say you'll look into an employee's troubles/issues, follow through.

2. "Good."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Rockaway, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Rockaway, NJ

Pros

Nice atmosphere. NIce place to work.

Cons

Less pay. Not a good management by some managers.

Advice to Management

Try to improve.