Sears - High Risk/High Reward career growth opportunity | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

"High Risk/High Reward career growth opportunity"

Current Employee - Analyst in Hoffman Estates, IL
Current Employee - Analyst in Hoffman Estates, IL

Pros

Challenging environment that will bring the best out of you. If you make it here, you'll make it anywhere.
Management tends to be candid with HQ employees; Acting CEO Johnson well respected in company. Morale seems high in spite of uncertain economy and retail industry.
Strong emphasis on management through rigorous analysis of results.
Management is paying serious attention to innovation.

Cons

Lack of capital investment: Aging stores/data systems/office equipment badly need remodels and upgrades.
Chmn/majority stockholder is a financier, not a retailer. Managers and employees wonder about long-term strategy for business.
Health benefits options a bit expensive

Advice to Management

The company needs more investment at points of customer contact: Stores, associate training.

Other Employee Reviews for Sears

1. "Good but not great"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Tuscaloosa, AL

Pros

If you like to work hard and earn your pay, then you have the potential to do well. Sears sales consultants are payed based on a sic dollar an hr draw pay plus commission. I was one of the few employees that worked hard enough to make an pretty good living. I worked there while I was in school and management worked well around my class schedule and i even got off for most football games. They really want you to sell warranties but dont offer much of an incentive to sell them.

Cons

6 dollar an hr draw pay.

Advice to Management

Respect your employess they are a valuable asset to your company.

2. "Anyone hiring?"

Current Employee - Cashier in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Santa Barbara, CA

Pros

I really like not doing very much and my manager never notices that I text on my cell phone all day. The other people that I work with are all pretty easy to get along with because they are doing the same thing I am, nothing. The stores not put together very well and it shows.

Cons

Pay, Pay, Pay. I can hardly afford to pay for a place in Fresno, let alone Santa Barbara. I have to work two jobs just to be able to stay afloat, and with a kid on the way I don't really know what I will do....

Advice to Management

They don't care about us at all.