Sears - Zero stability revolving door in middle management in the field. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

"Zero stability revolving door in middle management in the field."

Current Employee - MPA in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - MPA in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sears full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Our store manager genuinely cared about us as people, not just drones for dollars and credit apps. He engaged each of us as individuals, knew about our lives, and overall, made each of us feel important. Our morale grew under his leadership. The customers knew him by name. Store metrics continued to improved after being the bottom performer prior to his arrival. He believed in us and proved it.

Cons

Then they let him go. Went from a 5 star rating to 3 just because of that action. Six DMs in the past 3 years and as many regional managers, the SM held it and us together . Aged fixtures from the middle part of the last century, broken, damaged. POS as old as the fixtures. Yet another new manager. Lot's of unknown about the company's future.. We are asked to rate the CEO. Who is he? He has never been to our store. We have had one visit in my tenure from somebody with a VP title.

Advice to Management

Stop the revolving door with the DMs and company "directives of the month. " The new technology (IPADs, IPODS, etc.) are great but spend more money on the fixtures and store conditions that make the customers shopping experience more comfortable. Need more support in our store from the corporate office just like you give Woodfield, West Dundee, Oak Brook, State Street. Our customers always ask why our store doesn't get the same treatment as the suburban stores. Leaking roof, iffy air conditioner.

Other Employee Reviews for Sears

1. "As a service.advisor no career in this company"

Current Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Sears part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers, that is really it

Cons

Low pay and commission,standing all day, confusion with paper work

Advice to Management

Tighten up

2. "Tough crowd to please"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Sears full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great People work at Sears

Cons

Decisions are made in the heat of the moment, with little regard for market trends or the people working in the stores. Sell master protection agreements, or get fired. Period.