Sears - Flexible means you might not work, they overbook clients so they are rushed and dissatisfied, no commission | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

"Flexible means you might not work, they overbook clients so they are rushed and dissatisfied, no commission"

Current Employee - Sears Portrait Studio Associate in Longview, TX
Current Employee - Sears Portrait Studio Associate in Longview, TX

I have been working at Sears part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's fun to interact with people. You do learn a lot about taking a great photo so it's a good place to start getting some experience. You get to play with a lot of super cute babies and very nice families. They do allow people to make decisions to get the best customer service experience, like adding free items or refunding money. This is great.

Cons

They overbook clients, smashing two or three into a 15 minute period even if only one employee is on staff. This means people are waiting and a lot of those people have anxious children and fussy babies, which means cranky parents. They also cancel shifts on employees frequently if they are not busy, so if this is your part-time spending money job it's ok, but if you're paying bills it's not cool. You're required to do upselling and meet a quota so it would be more fair if you were making a commission. They require everyone to work Sundays - even if there are other employees willing to work Sundays instead.

Advice to Management

Don't overbook. Don't disrespect employees by being stingy with manhours- people have bills to pay.

Other Employee Reviews for Sears

"Good for extra income/college students"

Former Employee - Cashier in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Cashier in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Sears part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired.
    Hours are mostly stable during the holiday season.

Cons

Not enough training.
    Sometimes they call you to come in on your day off.

"CREDIT CREDIT CREDIT!!!"

Current Employee - Cashier in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Sears part-time

Pros

Very flexible with schedules for school,daycare, other jobs etc.
    Commissio on credit sales

Cons

You start at minimum wage with no pay raise, no matter what experience you have
    ENDLESS pressure and hounding from management for credit sales the minute you walk in the door
    Your hours will be cut you if you are not up in credit sales goals
    If you are on top of credit, they will not premote you and will keep you at the busiest cash wrap
    Management are rude and disrespectful, and talk to you like you're stupid
    Cashiers come and go because of the low pay and high demand for credit sales

Advice to Management

Stop acting like you care about us an an employee. We are just people who you need to have numbers up and to make yourselves look good in front of DMs. It's unprofessional to ask us how we're doing in credit/sywr every hour and in front of the customers during a transaction.The customers will feel as if we're all faking great customer service just so our numbers will be up. Don't threaten to bring people on their off days for mandatory meetings for credit sales. You like us when we're up, and then when we're down on numbers you talk to us disrespectly and condescendingly. Stop making us feel like we're worthless employees when we haven't gotten any credit for the day, even though we never call out and are never late, and work hard for the CUSTOMERS. When we say we didn't get any credit don't say, "No credit yet? You must have woken up not wanting to be the best today."