Sears - It's pretty good after all | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

"It's pretty good after all"

Current Employee - Senior Inventory Analyst in Hoffman Estates, IL
Current Employee - Senior Inventory Analyst in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at Sears full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance. Unless I have meetings then as long as I do my time then it doesn't matter what time I come in (i.e., 6-3, 7-4, 8-5). Lots of areas to explore when you want to take a break. If they like you here and you show results then you can get the world handed to you here.

Cons

I guess if you aren't working for a boss that helps you in your development then you might have a bad time. But if you don't like it then you can get out.

Advice to Management

Pay out bonuses and show more support of the actual stores.

Other Employee Reviews for Sears

"Every man for themselves"

Current Employee - Office Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Office Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Sears full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro is the associate discount for Lands End because everything else they sell is garbage.

Cons

Everything else. Literally. I was more fortunate than most Sears employees in that I worked mainly in the office and received a promotion to do some Lead work. But that was not nearly enough to persuade me to stay on with this terrible company.

It is truly an 'every man for themselves' workplace type mentality. There is no support from management or corporate and it's evident in every daily activity. Cashiers repeatedly calling for code 2s because our equipment is ancient and they aren't allowed to do anything other than ring and push credit. And every piece of ancient equipment is broken (I am still putting in daily reports on DOS software, I kid you not).

Those who get promoted are those who have stayed around long enough by somehow managing to mentally block out what they do on a daily basis.

Also, starting salary; minimum wage, which is really symbolizes how this company approaches every facet of their business. Do the minimum; minimum cost, minimum support, minimum effort for your minimum reward.

The idea of a 'corporate culture' within this company is laughable.

Also for those interested in seasonal work; avoid this company. It's pretty common knowledge that you'll be working starting at 5-6 pm on Thanksgiving Day which is borderline criminal.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees, there's a reason your turnover rate is sky high.

2. "was a great atmosphere to workin"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Walnut, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Walnut, CA

I have been working at Sears full-time (More than a year)

Pros

equality with employees, helpful recources

Cons

Biast decisions made in critical stages of last minute issues