Sears - Designer at Sears | Glassdoor

"Designer at Sears"

Current Employee - Designer in New York, NY
Current Employee - Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Sears full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing people, I've never worked with such tallented, creative people who all want to make Sears a successful company.

Cons

The callendar can be quite unrealistic, with the time frames not giving anyone enough time to get the work done.
Upper management can be unorganized and some of the systems implamented are not very user friendly.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to people who know what they're doing, and hopefully they will be able to turn it around for the poor people who still work there.

Other Employee Reviews for Sears

1. "Horribly unorganized"

Former Employee - Photographer/Sales Associate in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Photographer/Sales Associate in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Sears part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job is a much more fun option than the traditional retail job, learned a lot of child photography techniques.

Cons

Terribly unorganized management, low pay, little training, poor quality tech and customer support, severely outdated equipment and decor. I received 4 days of training before the store manager was let go and I was put in charge, and I was only 17.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to invest more money and time in each store, not just the ones that make slightly more money.

2. "Hit or Miss"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sears part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were great. They made the day go by faster. It's retail, so it's always a hit or miss with customers. Even if you weren't working commission you could earn a little more by selling some POS merch

Cons

Biased management --- If they don't like you, they'll cut your hours.
    Credit Applications --- As part of your job, you have to get people to sign up for sears credit cards. You have to ask everyone to sign up for it, it doesn't matter if they already have $5000 balance on another sears card or they can't speak english.

Advice to Management

Don't forget when you were on the front line. And if I call you, there's obviously a problem that requires your help or "expertise".