Sears - Sales consultant | Glassdoor

"Sales consultant"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Livermore, CA
Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Livermore, CA

I have been working at Sears full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great training program. lots of time between appts.

Cons

long drives, too many meetings.

Advice to Management

work with new reps to make sure they keep the commission by not making the same mistakes.

Other Employee Reviews for Sears

1. "Low source of income! Wouldn't recommend this place!"

Former Employee - Associate in North Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Associate in North Little Rock, AR

I worked at Sears part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone was very friendly. If you're a teenager with just a few responsabilities go ahead, but if you are head of household looking foward to provide for your family, don't wate your time. The hiring process along takes more than a month just to get you on the floor to start training.

Cons

Low wage! Jobs in this category are responsible for assisting in all office functions including general office and cash office procedures. Some essential duties include reviewing Selling Price and Unit Adjustments, unit integrity, invoice accuracy, shipment logs, invoice register reports, reconciling daily cash and printing reports as directed and much more! you'll be required to act as a Human Resources manager, recruit and train new personel without a manager's salary of course, is a lot of responsbility, you will have count all the money in the store's safe and you'll be the last one to leave. All for the minimum wage,with no raise in the end I realize someone workig with base + comm. will make much more money with less stress and responsability.

Advice to Management

If you have someone acting like a manager you should pay more, it;s ridiculous to have someone working in the Human Resources office recruiting and training staff counting all the money, giving out annoucements on time, etc. with the lowest wage available. in other words making the same money a cashier will make.

2. "Sales- Tools"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Sears part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to have a flexible schedule since it was a part-time job, management and other sales people were helpful teaching how operations worked. I like tools so it was easy for me to like the job. Discount at the store.

Cons

They have requirement to sign up credit cards, not great pay but it was just for extra money so not so bad. I spent most of my money I made on new tools