Sears - The WORST company I have ever worked for!!!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

"The WORST company I have ever worked for!!!!!"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Hoffman Estates, IL
Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at Sears full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The location was close to where I reside.

Cons

Poor Management! Archaic Computer systems. Inefficient policies and procedures. Horrible benefits and non competitive salary. Excessive employee turnover with many positions never refilled. Morale at an all time low!, no career path, and most importantly NO WORK/LIFE BALANCE.
Sears doesn't care about you or your family and feels you should be happy that you have a job. They want you to sell you soul! You would make more on unemployment after you do the math!

Advice to Management

You get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar!! Treat people with dignity and respect instead of threatening and intimidating! Hire qualified management that knows how to motivate and properly train their employees and help them prosper. Show value in the employees rather than burn them out and run them out! Change the culture to make it a more friendly place and comfortable environment to work in. Stop treating employees like inmates!

Other Employee Reviews for Sears

1. "Easy Job"

Former Employee - Cashier in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Sears part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy job as a cashier. Potential to earn a lot of moeny through selling credit cards. Flexible schedule but low base pay. Great for high school students with no experience.

Cons

Management did not really care about employees. Not much is learned about retail. Not enough responsibilities- most of the day is just standing in front of the cash register.

Advice to Management

Cashiers should have additional responsibilities because most of the time they are just standing and doing nothing.

2. "Interview and hire time"

Current Employee - Merchandise and Pricing in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Current Employee - Merchandise and Pricing in Tuscaloosa, AL

I have been working at Sears part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy, done online, was able to go to the store and talk to a manager.

Cons

The background screen and uring drug screen results took about 2-3 weeks before they came back and I was hired although I was told it was because of the season.

Advice to Management

The online hiring system is very impersonal and sometimes leaves you wondering if anyone is paying attention.