Sears - Sears is a decent place to work. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Sears

"Sears is a decent place to work."

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Hoffman Estates, IL
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at Sears full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Casual attire year round. Nice campus. Good people.

Cons

Systems ar antiquated. Salaries are low. Benefits are not great.

Advice to Management

Upgrade systems company wide. Pay your employees what they're worth.

Other Employee Reviews for Sears

"good stepping stone"

I have been working at Sears full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

opportunity for advancement. IF management- district level and up- like you. In store management and team awesome!

Cons

not enough payroll for hourly. unrealistic expectations for front line. confusion at district level and up. read the mission statement -they left the majority of employees and All customers OUT

Advice to Management

while you are all jockeying for position you are letting go some talented people that are not part of your "good ol boys club" you have lost sight of your customer while those running your stores feel threatened and harassed as you lend no support and raise the expectations daily. management turnover is horrible as they cannot take the daily beating. long time loyal and hard working employees are pushed out or let go so you can hire to replace for less pay. you talk about saying "yes" but micro manage every process that eventually leads to no. too much change not enough talent. web sights run slow. equipment is out of date. you expect your commission sales people to walk signs on the street and do the marketing and your in store management teams to work 6 days a week 10 + hours a day sometimes open to close with no concern for family to make up for the lack of hourly help allowed. make the scorecard and plans fair so that all stores have the same chance to succeed. follow the advice of our leader who talks about positive reinforcement if we lived and breathed his culture at all levels we would succeed.

"Retail management Intern"

Former Intern - Retail Management Intern
    Former Intern - Retail Management Intern

I worked at Sears as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice daily work pace and environment.

Cons

It was poor experience, really just depended on who was your supervisor but mine didn't even know what to do at all. Essentially it was up to myself to train myself and find out everything that didn't apply to my supervisor's responsibility.