Sears - Sears Call Center in West Des Moines, IA | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

"Sears Call Center in West Des Moines, IA"

Current Employee - Team Manager in West Des Moines, IA
Current Employee - Team Manager in West Des Moines, IA

Pros

The Sears call center felt more like a corporate environment than a call center. Employees were empowered to satisfy the customer and employees at the call center associate level were compensated well at $11 an hour for just having a high school degree. That made it easier to be their manager because most wanted to be there.

Cons

The communication between other offices and departments at Sears was poor. It was not very organized to call some of the people we had to deal with and some people had no idea my department existed. I also worked in a new department that had no way of seeing our sales figures and had no goals. Somewhat chaotic, but still able to get the job done.

Advice to Management

When launching a new department for the call center, ensure all loose ends are tied up and employees have exact figures and metrics to rate themselves by.

Other Employee Reviews for Sears

1. "Pay"

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

Pros

Tasks are simple. Complimented on my hard work.

Cons

The pay is terrible and I'm not receiving raises or bonuses even after becoming an employee of the month. I'm soon going to be forced to find another job because I can't survive on the terrible wage they pay me.

Advice to Management

Sears has lost the high value customer service approach they once had and they're not competitive when it comes to employee pay and benefits. This is why sears has been in the toilet in the last decade.

"It's good when the economy is good. Bad when the economy is bad."

Current Employee - Consultative Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Consultative Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Flexibility in hours. Good chances for advancement. They really care about the employees. Management adheres to the rules stringently.

Cons

Commission Sales can be cut-throat and vicious. Especially in Appliances. Make sure your customers remain your customers because jealousy reigns in that department. You can make a living as a CSA but only when the economy is doing well. otherwise, you better have a 2nd job.

Advice to Management

Please advance those employees who deserve it. Even if they happen to be smarter than you.