Sears - Hard work. Not much chance for advancement. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

"Hard work. Not much chance for advancement."

Current Employee - MCA
Current Employee - MCA

I have been working at Sears part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, good work-life balance most of the time, worthwhile employee discount program, and perks with other companies due to employment at Sears.

Cons

Part-time at minimum wage. Little to no chance for advancement, salary increases, or moving into a full time position. Have to really hump it to get decent hours, and even then there's no guarantee. Hours slashed at the whim of upper management, and are always irregular. Can not count on a regular work schedule from week to week. Too much emphasis on pushing credit cards and shop your way rewards. Store frequently understaffed.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees a decent wage and offer realistic opportunities to advance within the corporation. Adequately staff the stores to insure a good customer experience. Quit the useless and arbitrary metrics and pay more attention to loyalty in both your employees and your customers.

Other Employee Reviews for Sears

1. "Sales associate"

I worked at Sears part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can hustle for more money

Cons

No opportunity for growth much rather further education

Advice to Management

Employee culture

2. "Started of great, then turned into a disaster..."

I worked at Sears part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When I first started the Sears Hardware store I worked for had direct deposit, benefits, retirement, insurance, vacation, and holiday pay.

Cons

Whoever hires the managers needs help! And who they sell stores to as well. I worked there for almost 3yrs after we were sold to a man who owned all the Churches Chickens in Texas (that didn't work well). People started quitting left and right, because our store manager refused to listen to us at all. He worked all the sales leads to the bones, to the point they were beyond stressed out. He left all management to them. Also, our assistant manager was a perv. I actually complained about it and was told I was insubordinate and I would be fired over a perv. So I left (for a job that gave me better pay and better hours).

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff. If we are calling the HR for the owners because you are not doing your job that must say something. We work just as hard if not harder than you. Remember we all deal with the customers while most managers hide in the office.