Sears - Good | Glassdoor

"Good"

Pros

Good people with good pay and good flexible hours. Gets really busy on weekends so be prepared.

Cons

Sometimes the work is uneven depending on your shift and the money is commission based so if there is no work it is feast or famine.

Other Employee Reviews for Sears

"Worst Company to Work For"

Former Employee - MCA
    Former Employee - MCA

I worked at Sears full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Close family of associates that support each other

Cons

Employees treated badly, OSHA violations constantly, Underpaid, high rate of criminal employees

Advice to Management

Invest more in infrastructure and updating stores

"Worst job I've held in 30 years."

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Sears part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Training is below poor, they expect you to do online modules, with no hands on experience to actually learn the job. The pay is $6/hr plus commission which is fine "IF" you have customers to sell to, which we barely do. The commission percentages are horrible, and as I've been told have been lowered consistently over the last few years. Lack of leadership, maybe 1 sometimes 2 managers working at any given time. Thanks to corporate cutbacks on management we have no leadership on a consistent basis, meaning the management are so over worked, they are always frustrated and in bad moods. Worst district management I've seen in any company. Management at district and store level are completely out of touch with their employees. Very poor safety standards, which are often disregarded.

Advice to Management

Get in touch with your people, get their concerns and honestly evaluate the problems and fix them. One supervisor for every salesperson in the store is ridiculous. Making 1 person do 4 peoples jobs may be the trend, but it is costing you business and loyalty.