Sears - I enjoyed my co-workers and my time there, it really got me ready for a future retail job. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

"I enjoyed my co-workers and my time there, it really got me ready for a future retail job."

Former Employee - Cashier in Pennsdale, PA
Former Employee - Cashier in Pennsdale, PA

I worked at Sears part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All my co-workers, including management were very friendly. For being introverted I was surprised how much the job improved my public speaking skills and confidence in the little time I worked there. The thing I will miss is the the flexible lunches/breaks. The company also offers you commission opportunities (if you have the time) and overall upward mobility if you do well at selling credit.

Cons

I worked there during the holiday season so it was hectic. Management at times could be dysfunctional. They basically throw you out on the floor and have you learn as you go. But not only do you have to learn the register and store policies you're also required to ask for "members" email addresses, phone numbers, if they want a credit card and extended warranty, etc. Like most retail jobs, it can be highly stressful at times. I just think Sears goes pretty far with getting people to buy more, it screams financial difficulties. So be ready to sell, sell, sell.

Advice to Management

Get organized, make sure associates are properly trained and please stop the sales pressure, it really annoys and/or confuses the associates and customers (I mean "members").

Other Employee Reviews for Sears

1. "Good first time job!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Sears part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule if you are attending school. Very focused on the customers.

Cons

Crazy holiday hours. If you have the stamina then it's good for you!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. "Loss Prevention"

Current Employee - Loss Prevention in Salem, NH
    Current Employee - Loss Prevention in Salem, NH

I have been working at Sears part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

O.k experience for the resume.

Cons

Everything is frowned upon, Can't run after them but we do, can't apprehend anyone by yourself, but you're scheduled by yourself through out the day.