Sears - It was great. | Glassdoor

"It was great."

Current Employee - Seasonal Cashier in Greensboro, NC
Current Employee - Seasonal Cashier in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Sears part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They work as a unit

Cons

I don't have any cons

Other Employee Reviews for Sears

1. "Friendly people."

Former Employee - Trainer in Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Trainer in Morgantown, WV

I worked at Sears full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved my coworkers and managers, even if they were somewhat unprofessional. The job was fun.

Cons

Hard to make good money.

"Commision = work hard and be a ticket shark. Hourly = expect a lot of busywork and to be treated badly."

Current Employee - Express Tech in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Express Tech in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Sears part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, camradierie, able to make decent money if you're lucky enough to get promoted

Cons

Hardworking knowledgeable people doing advanced engine and diagnostic work outside of their official pay level to help out the other techs and lighten the workload get paid the exact same amount as the "go-fer" boy who gets parts, mops the floors, and smokes cigarettes by the dumpster instead of working on cars. Don't put a lot of effort into your job if you're not comissioned, you'll get looked over (no raise, no promotion).

Can only make decent money if you: 1. Know what you're doing 2. Can do it fast 3. Don't care about doing the job right, just "good enough" and 4. Don't care about ripping off other techs you work with.

Advice to Management

Reward those that do more than their share, punish laziness and dishonesty. Although you need to keep in mind the bottom line to keep shareholders happy, look at more than just the numbers if you want to keep employees happy. Adjusting a ticket to lower the cost for a customer should affect the company, not the hardworking tech trying to pay the bills and put food on the table. We have lost numererous talented techs over labor-hour discrepancies and silly policies.