Sears - Sears Outlet will kill your soul | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

"Sears Outlet will kill your soul"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Sears full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a paycheck. If you enjoy being berated by upper management this is the place for you.

Cons

In house fighting between divisions to decide who pays to fix any issues with guest or product. Underhanded attempts to sell protection plans.

Other Employee Reviews for Sears

"Odd Place"

Former Employee - Director in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Former Employee - Director in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at Sears full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a big place and in theory lots of opportunities. Sears is always hiring in some role and you probably will get the opportunity to sharpen your teeth and skills. A lot of good people work there. My favorite thing about SHC was my co-workers.

Cons

Top management. The top-down directives take over your life and most times make no sense. Also that "matrix" environment can be challenging. Lastly, the way the businesses are set up is a recipe for failure. Everyone fighting against each other for their own unit vs working together for the greater good. Each may win a battle, but the war is dreadfully lost in all cases.

Advice to Management

Re-think how the businesses are run. The current format does not work in the best interest of the company at whole and it shows. Also, please reconsider how top management works within the corporation. It is a terrible thing when ANYone who has to work directly with top management feels like they need prescription drugs to get through the project.

2. "Pays the bills till I graduate not a digruntle employee"

Current Employee - Route Specialist in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Route Specialist in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Sears full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pays my bills
    Works with my school schedule
    Simple task oriented work
    If you're friends with leadership you'll do great (prepare to kiss a**)
    If you do no let the pressure get to you, your life will be easier
    Some opportunity for growth because there's so much movement in management.
    I am a neutral employee

Cons

The whole org. is very unorganized and is in need of a technological update. My department in particular is very wasteful and not green at all. Everything is old including the warehouse my office is located in. A lot of disgruntle coworkers who bring down the moral of the department. I couldn't imagine staying with this company longer than I have to. Also the medical benefits are a joke!!!!

Advice to Management

Learn your products, resources, programs, and job before rolling out new job functions. Listen to your employees. Go green!!!