Sears - I did not have a very good experience at Sears. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

"I did not have a very good experience at Sears."

Former Employee - Cashier in Ashland, KY
Former Employee - Cashier in Ashland, KY

I worked at Sears part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was an easy job and it was not very fast-paced.

Cons

Terrible Management. Stupid corporate strategies and enforcement. Unethical sales of credit cards to elderly customers.

Advice to Management

Be respectful to your employees. Good employees are key to a successful business. Study management classes before being manager.

Other Employee Reviews for Sears

1. "Good place to work ONLY if they like you, so when you threaten to leave they increase your pay."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Sears full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Your workday isn't micro-managed. Good dental insurance.

Cons

Medical insurance is unobtainable. It would take 1/3 of my paycheck every week.
    Everyday store communication is nonexisitant. Its hit and miss to catch essential info necessary to perform your job.
    Understaffed and underpaid employees can barely touch the surface of tasks and issues necessary to attract a larger clientele.

Advice to Management

I see it everyday - the effort put in to thorougly complete your job isn't happening. Team work rarely occurs. Why? Whynot? Effort requires caring, and caring requires incentive.

"Great experience."

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Temecula, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Temecula, CA

I worked at Sears part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a positive experience with Sears. My co-workers were friendly and wanted me to succeed, they took me in right away and invited me to their weekly dinner get-together. Management was all friendly and also wanted me to succeed. I got called in a lot during the Holiday and worked as a floater going between the cash-wraps. It's a great place to start in if you're young and need a part-time job.

Cons

Hours and pay. Despite getting called in a lot, I had quite a few $77 dollar weeks that killed me come bill time.
    Credit card sales and shop your way rewards are labeled as your metrics. If your metrics aren't where they need to be, you'll likely be let go as you're not making the company extra money.
    I was hired as permanent, but when I was let go, they said I was a temp/seasonal hire.
    I frequently got scheduled for double-shifts and was never compensated for them. Closing shift at 6pm-12am and then back there to open at 6am till 12pm. But I never said anything 'cause I needed the money.

Advice to Management

More to corporate, notice when you have a good, quality employee. I had astounding customer service reviews, but because my metrics were down, I was let go.
    They ended up keeping the employee that was hired after I started who showed up out of uniform three days in a row and talked back to management, but his metrics were high.