Sears - Based on my career goals, I enjoyed Sears. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

"Based on my career goals, I enjoyed Sears."

Former Employee - Receiving Associate in Marlborough, MA
Former Employee - Receiving Associate in Marlborough, MA

Pros

I worked at Sears during High School and College. I enjoyed coming to work everyday because I made solid money working overtime, made a lot of friends, and the managers were nice. It usually depends on what store you work at; the store I worked at had wonderful people.

Cons

If you are looking to support your family working at Sears than you obviously will have negative remarks, but this is a good place to start out and get some working experience.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing.

Other Employee Reviews for Sears

1. "1"

Former Employee - Cashier in Middletown, NY
    Former Employee - Cashier in Middletown, NY

Pros

Its a Job

Good customer interaction

fellow cashiers are very friendly and smart

you get to work in the mall

Cons

Expected to get a certain amount of credit, and get reprimanded if you don't sell enough sears credit cards. Only make $2 commission per credit app.

Advice to Management

Don't act so high and mighty like your better than everybody. Learn how to do your job, work the registers, that way when cashiers have a problem you can actually help us.

2. "Sears"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

As a company, they leave a lot of space for employees to grow. Many employees are capable of climbing the ladder to better job positions and high salaries through hard work. They have paid internships as well as part time and full time positions which is very appealing. You are not constantly monitored and have the freedom to complete your tasks at your own speed.

Cons

I currently have no complaints or problems with this corporation. I was able to work as an sales associate in high school and now I am able to work as a field intern.

Advice to Management

I've enjoyed my time with Sears so far and I appreciate the work they've put into expanding their company. They have goals to compete with Target and they're doing a great job upgrading their business.