Seattle Cancer Care Alliance - An inspired workplace where staff at all levels are focused on patient and family centered care. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Seattle Cancer Care Alliance

"An inspired workplace where staff at all levels are focused on patient and family centered care."

Former Employee - Clinical Nurse Coordinator in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Clinical Nurse Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a commitment to excellence here that is palpable. The availability to clinical trials gives patients hope and opportunities they wouldn't have elsewhere. Most physicians I worked with were team players, although admittedly some were quite challenging. South Lake Union is a beautiful and vibrant area so it is easy to enjoy downtown Seattle life or events after work.. Great cafeterias (3 total on campus) with reasonably priced food and a quality on site daycare facility. They also have monthly employee appreciation events and a bunch of discounted tickets/various offers throughout the year.

Cons

Upper management is unaware and disconnected from the real challenges facing clinic staff and patients. The organization has grown massively since the beginning and there is a pattern of hiring new providers without expanding support staff which can lead to burnout. Parking can be pricey and difficult to get an on site spot.

Other Employee Reviews for Seattle Cancer Care Alliance

"Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Clinical Laboratory Technologist II, Certified in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Clinical Laboratory Technologist II, Certified in Seattle, WA

I worked at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, wages compensation packages

Cons

Upper management issues need to be in line with the company's vision and goals

Advice to Management

make certain that upper management has the same vision/goals as the company

"Very bad working environment as a systems administrator"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really liked the flexible hours, it helped me stay away from my team. The vacation and sick time were really nice.

Cons

It is a very hostile work environment in IT. I and others on my team have been berated and bullied over the years and management does nothing to stop it. It is rather sad that I had to leave to get away from such a poisonous workplace.

Management has a great tendency to turn a blind eye to anything that is a conflict. I guess if you really want to work at a place that you can get away with almost anything then this is the company you want to work for.

The SCCA is in the business of taking care of it's patients not its workers.

Advice to Management

Step up and take charge before you loose all your great talent.