Seattle Children's Museum - Needs complete reconstruction of Senior Management - not one valuable member on the senior management staff. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Seattle Children's Museum

"Needs complete reconstruction of Senior Management - not one valuable member on the senior management staff."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

The kids smiles when they are enjoying the museum

Cons

no respect from management, treat you like dirt and walk all over you. Want to steal from you.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and listen to their employees instead of only thinking that your view is the only one that matters. Worst management i've ever worked with.

Other Employee Reviews for Seattle Children's Museum

"The experience was a nightmare I could not wake up from."

Former Employee - Director in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Director in Seattle, WA

Pros

The Museum itself provides a needed resource for parents and a safe place for children to play, explore and learn.

Cons

Across the hallway from the wonderful exhibits that echo with the sounds of joy and squeals of delight is the administrative office of The Children's Museum, Seattle. Inside that office there is no joy- only pained faces of once passionate employees suffering from poor management and constant disrespect. The turnover in the year that I worked at the Museum was more than 100%. Staff try to fill the gaps and after awhile barely remember what their job was suppose to be when they were hired. There is no where to go for support or change - there is no Human Resources - there is nothing remotely human about the CEO. The CEO has such a bad reputation that the Museum has lost its Community Partners - The Science Center, The Children's Theatre, the other Childrens Museums in WA State and OR. Even the Board of Directors is negligent - ignoring the high turnover and the pleas of those who believe in the mission and want to save the institution before it is too late.

Advice to Management

If I thought for a minute that it wouldn't fall on deaf ears then I might offer some. My advice is to the Board - WAKE UP! Do some exit interviews. Listen to the hundreds of people that have written you letters. Look at the poor financial situation. If you don't, families of our community will lose this valuable, wonderful, magical Museum.

"New Hires BEWARE! TCM is not the place you want to be if you want respect"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

To educate the small children in our futures.

Cons

There are so many downsides hopefully I can sum them up in a few sentences. This is the worst and most demeaning place to work. If you think you should get complimented on any good work you have accomplished then dont expect it here. If you think your education and big ideas are going to be heard here then good luck with that. The only ideas come from the CEO and if they aren't hers then don't bother wasting your time. And definitely expect to hear, in front of everyone, how stupid you are and that you don't know what you are doing. My hope is that anyone thinking of working at TCM sees these website reviews and thinks twice about working here. It will never change and the turnover is amazing!

Advice to Management

I would suggest they get backbones and stand up for themselves and their employees and stop pretending to be the CEOs friend when she will stab you in the back any second she gets. She is like a dog that turns on its master when its least expected.