Seattle Children's - Overall, good organization with great mission | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Seattle Children's

"Overall, good organization with great mission"

Former Employee - Manager
Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Seattle Children's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The mission of working for an organization whose purpose is to care for sick children (esp. those who cannot pay) and find cures for disease and illness is hard to beat. Overall the organization values work life balance. For a non profit, pediatric organization, it's compensation is ok, benefits are great.

Cons

It can be surprisingly bureaucratic as it is a very consensus driven culture. That can be a con and can really slow down the pace of innovation in some areas. If you are in a non direct patient care related role (like marketing/IT, etc.) don't expect to find an organization where you will be able to truly innovate. If you con't care so much about that, it can be a very solid place to work.

If you are in tech/IT our salary here will be under Seattle market value by a good 20% at least. But it's stability and mission can offset that.

Other Employee Reviews for Seattle Children's

"Wonderful Colleagues but ALL Management is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!"

Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist
    Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist

I have been working at Seattle Children's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people that work here truly love working with and taking care of children. The employees take pride in helping these sick kids. Also, they (we) all do our best to provide that care through a team aspect. For the most part, all services do their best together to provide the best care ever.
    There is a reason that Seattle Children's has wonderful reputation, and that is because we all care about our patients.

Cons

The pay could be better, but management is all about the bottom dollar. Healthcare at Seattle Children's has become more of a business, rather than providing the best possible care. It has become more of quantity, rather than quality. Employees are completely undervalued. In fact, we have been told that if you don't like what the management is doing, then you can find yourself another job.
    No Work-life balance, unless you are in management. Management expects everyone to work extra, yet they themselves are sitting at home spending time with their families. (i.e. Mandatory call/OT)
    Unfortunately, management is taking advantage of the fact that those of us that work here love taking care of kids, and has the employees between a rock and a hard place.

Advice to Management

I think it has already been said that your employees are the ones that make you (the management) look good. Without them this place would not be as highly recognized. This is probably going to be chalked up to another disgrunteled employee just complaining, but I am proud to say that I work at Seattle Children's but would caution those that want to apply here about what is expected of them.

2. "Great company to work for"

Pros

- cares about employees
    - good admin support
    - professional development

Cons

- cannot think of any to list