Secure-24 - Can't overcome its growing pains. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Secure-24

"Can't overcome its growing pains."

Pros

If you're just starting out, it's a good place to get some experience. Interesting co-workers on the operations side.

Cons

Secure-24 is a company that is unable or unwilling to execute to create a better environment. The flexibility they talk about is countered by long working hours to fix the constant issues that arise. A serious disconnect exists between sales and operations. Sales has no accountability to deliver good deals and simply goes for the money while leaving operations to work like crazy to deliver on the promises the sales team has made.

While some new hires are trying to turn things around, the majority of senior management are still former engineers that have limited experience outside of Secure-24 which has led to an inability to change. Employees that come to the table with new ideas are typically ignored or pushed out of the company. Anyone considering employment here should do their research and take a look at the droves of employees that have recently left. Get *all* compensation promises in writing.

Advice to Management

Take accountability and reign in your sales team. Offer compensation plans in line with the market.

Other Employee Reviews for Secure-24

"Support"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Secure-24 is an amazing place to work! The benefits are outstanding, in particular, the limitless vacations, flexible work schedule and the happy hours where we get the chance to hang out with our co-workers and enjoy a few beers. The technology exposure is second to none and its great knowing that I have so many talented senior technical resources that are willing to help and grow me. My Management team are very approachable and they genuinely care for my well being.

Cons

None - I wish I would have found Secure-24 earlier in my career!

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing. Always stay connected to the people and you will always get the right results. By the way, we love our new Microsoft Surface Hub, its awesome!!

"Secure-24. The crab at the bottom of the barrel"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I worked at Secure-24 full-time

Pros

Company sponsored medical, dental and vision plan.

401k with a small % of company matched contributions.

Company sponsored coffee, tea and low-cost soft drinks which is a benefit for those that need an occasional caffiene fix.

Opportunities to handle and learn the technologies that are used by multiple vendors.

Fair training is provided, though the real training is gained by teaming with an Analyst to learn the apps needed to service clients.

Once you filter through the totally ignorant, immature, lazy, sexist, predjudiced and racist old boys club you will find a rare few truly professional, intelligent, nice people that are actually gems amongst the sludge that makes up Secure-24's lack-of-workforce.

Cons

Co-pays that need to be met for the health insurance is very high. Be prepared to deposit what little net pay you have into an FSA (Flexible Spending Account) in an effort to pay down the copay at your next doctor or hospital visit.

An ignorant, immature, lazy, sexist, predjudiced and racist old boys club that makes up the majority of Secure-24's lack-of-workforce.

Top heavy pseudo "Executives" are the cornerstone of this small company.

If you have never seen or experienced prejudice, racism and/or sexism promoted on the job, you will see and experience it for yourself on most every level at Secure-24.

Nerf gun wars are promoted and practiced from the "Executives" down to the IOC Tech Service Reps which may seem like fun for some...that is until you are shot in the face with Nerf bullets while you are updating a ticket or on a service call.

Ticket documentation lacks vital information from previous Tech Service Reps, Analysts and Engineers due to laziness, rushing to close tickets or a general lack of education in the areas of spelling and grammar.

Human Resources and Management ignore and gloss over comments, conversations and hate symbols in the workplace (nooses included) geared toward race, sex and sexual orientation even when Management is notified that such behaviour is commonly practiced by co-workers.

Employees are scheduled to work at Secure-24's various locations across varied shifts (days, afternoons, midnights) with no regard for schedule conflicts or location preferences. Analysts and Engineers are scheduled for on-call work after hours. You essentially must be available for any shift in a 24-hour timeframe.

Ineffective non-management has been promoted to management positions based on favoritism or nepotism, not actual job performance or education.

Salary for varied positions is below industry standard.

Advice to Management

My advice is geared to the top heavy Executive Team at Secure-24.

Management, lack of excellence, lack of creativity and lack of leadership is the core problem at Secure-24. Whether Secure-24 describes itself as an Enterprise Cloud Computing company or a Cloud Computing Service provider (both provide a service), the core of the business should focus on providing a PROFESSIONAL and EFFECTIVE experience to each client each and every time. In order to do that, Leadership must be selective in thier hiring and promotion practices from the top down, particularly in the area of management.

There is no reason that executives, management, non-management, salary-hourly or the like, should be running around declaring Nerf gun wars while Secure-24 continues to slack in the areas of diversity and inclusion from within and lack of professionalism and excellence in the area of cloud computing and service experience to it's clients and employees.

My advice to the Executive Team, continue to do nothing. Secure-24 is already the crab in the bottom of the barrel which is where it belongs and will continue to remain while truly competitive IT/Cloud Computing companies continue use innovation, professionalism and quality employee & customer focus to excel.