SecureState - Opportunities Always Present Themselves for those who seek them | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SecureState

"Opportunities Always Present Themselves for those who seek them"

Current Employee - Privacy Officer, Manager in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Privacy Officer, Manager in Cleveland, OH

Pros

I left a very lucrative position in a $100 billion dollar financial institution to expand my resume' and for personal growth. SecureState has offered that and more: Learning on steroids while leveraging existing experience. This is the best of both worlds, productive immediately with numerous growth opportunities.

Cons

Working for a small company has it's pros and cons: nimble and without red tape, sometimes lacks strucuture. Structure cripples many companies and the government, but I think there is a happy medium.

Advice to Management

Leadership is solid and appears to have a keen eye for industry trends. Need to not lose sight of its core value and mission as the company continues its growth.

Other Employee Reviews for SecureState

"Good Perks, Fun Job"

I have been working at SecureState full-time

Pros

A focus primarily on independence and workplace/ job satisfaction. There are many perks to working here including the freedom, fun environment, and laid back atmosphere.

Cons

Sometimes a bit too laid back, but never to the detriment of client relations or satisfaction. Pay is low compared to national averages.

Advice to Management

Slightly more detail on when projects are due, what is expected and involvement at the lower level.

2. "The Atypical "Intern" Experience"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at SecureState as an intern

Pros

SecureState is a wonderful place to work in general but I believe it is an exceptional place to have an internship. Although enjoyable at any age, I truly think that the work environment SecureState has is very beneficial for students looking to gain experience. This company stresses hard work and expects top products, yet at the same time understands the importance of creating an environment that is enjoyable for its employees.
    Interns, in general, are in a transitional phase in their lives where they are going from a college crowd and mentality into a professional atmosphere. I could not think of a better company to intern for during this transition than SecureState for this reason. I gained a lot of knowledge and had many tasks to complete all the while enjoying the cookouts, parties, and games that frequented the office.
    SecureState also works hard to understand an intern's desires and ambitions for the future. As a result, whenever anyone on the team was working on something that was of interest to me, they made sure I was involved in the engagement in some way. Furthermore, SecureState allowed me to go on-site with clients to get real-world experience with some of the assessments done at the company.
    Finally, I believe the best part of SecureState is the employees. This is one of the greatest group of people I know. I have never had a negative engagement with anyone that works at SecureState. Everyone went out of their way to be friendly and really try and get to know me and my goals for the future. Many even gave me contacts and advice for the upcoming years.
    All in all, my time as an intern with SecureState has been well worth it.

Cons

From an intern perspective, just about everything I experienced was positive. If I were to think of a con though it would be the location of the interns. About halfway through the summer, SecureState was growing (as it always seems to be!) and our desk spaces were desired for incoming new hires. So in the end, all of us interns ended up at a kitchen-like table when our old desks were needed. Really from both ends, this was a good problem to have. This just shows how much SecureState grows and its goals for the future to continue to improve and hire more talent. The company also made sure that the interns were set up with an extra monitor, keyboard, and docking stations despite the move. In the end, I really loved sitting at this new place because it gave me the chance to get to know the other interns in more depth. So really, this con turned into a pro in no time at all.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to keep the internship program alive. After interning last summer when there was only two of us, this summer was exceptional being able to interact with four other interns.

SecureState Response

Aug 19, 2015 – Manager Recruiting

SecureState values its internship program, as we strongly believe these young people have the potential to become tomorrow’s brightest minds. We tailor their time with us, providing them guidance ... More