Securitas Security Services USA - Hard work will get you noticed. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Securitas Security Services USA

"Hard work will get you noticed."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Parsippany, NJ
Current Employee - Operations Manager in Parsippany, NJ

Pros

Opportunities to apply for jobs all around the country, if I wish to relocate and to get ahead even without advanced degrees.

Cons

Upper management opportunities for women are more limited although that seems to be changing recently.

Advice to Management

Do better at keeping employees informed about how new initiatives are progressing. Often we hear about a "new way of doing business" once but not kept up to date on how such things are going. Are they working or not?

Other Employee Reviews for Securitas Security Services USA

"A greta place to work if you are willing to work hard and earn your way up the corporate ladder."

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Orange, CA

Pros

Stability in a tough economic climate, great training and support. National and global opportunities. They have almost unlimited training resources for their people, and are not afraid to spend money on people they think are worth it. They oporate with their core values in mind, and are always looking to improve their product and their compnay. Their open door policy is legitimate unlike many other companies. They look out for their guards and their admin people. They do not let improper behaviour stand, and the corporate management works as hard as anyone.

Cons

It is an established compnay with people that have years of experience in front of an incoming employee, so it can be hard for some people to move up. Their flat organization management tool is great as a manager, but it does allow for some improper behaviour in the field to go unnoticed if the manager is not proactive.

Advice to Management

Keep a slighly tighter leash on the managers and how they handle their employees. Proper documentation and incident tracking could save everyone a lot of money.

2. "Good company if you want to be a security officer."

Former Employee - Security Officer in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Miami, FL

Pros

Recognizable company. The salary also I think is competitive with other similar companies.The uniforms also are not that bad, I have seen much worse.

Cons

I didn't have any complaints while working there. The same as in other security companies, the work itself can involve standing on your feet all day long. Sometimes when someone doesn't show up for work, the supervisor is calling other workers and is desperate to fill the position and can be a little annoying. They require that you give them 2 weeks notice if you want to quit the job. I did that, I told my supervisor that I am leaving, but after 2 weeks his boss was not happy because he wanted that notice in writing.

Advice to Management

I cannot think of any.