Securitas Security Services USA - This is a company that tries to appear professional, but provides little opportunity for the entry-level employee | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Securitas Security Services USA

"This is a company that tries to appear professional, but provides little opportunity for the entry-level employee"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Fort Smith, AR
Current Employee - Security Officer in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The biggest benefit to Securitas is that they will always have jobs.

Cons

Low pay, little to no real training, and a "just shut up and do your job" attitude to its employees.

Advice to Management

You have some true professionals with real skills, knowledge, and abilities in your employee. Listen to them, train them, support them, and then this will be a truly professional organization.

Other Employee Reviews for Securitas Security Services USA

"North First Street San Jose needs to treat employes with respect..."

Former Employee - Security Guard in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Security Guard in San Jose, CA

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

EASY WORK LOADS!
    I started at a high paying post so I could not complain about pay
    You can get "alight" medical benefits (but don’t get sick)
    drug test was too easy
    paid training

Very good job to network with, opens different employment opportunity (from clients....)

Clients treat you pretty well!

Cons

like someone said before the Office staff at the North 1st street are some of the most unorganized people on earth and uncaring people I have EVER WORKED WITH.

My supervisor (not post manager) was doing all the paper work, schedules, and time sheets for a project that stretched from South San Jose all the way to Sunnyvale... But you request time off and other scheduling issues to your Site manager. The scheduling often gets mixed up and you don’t get the time you requested off, if you bring it up to the North First Street staff they don’t do anything about it.

8-hour turn overs.... this is when you get off work at midnight and have to be there at 8am... Its legal and they do it often... Often at different post

My co-worker brought bed bugs into the clients site, complained to the management, they moved there chairs out of the room, I had to man post with that co-worker...

The client I worked for saw the conditions I was working with and took me in as one of their own. Literally happened in one afternoon. The client supervisor came in to talk to me, my supervisor took that as a chance to talk down to me ( I did nothing wrong) in front of the client. Later that day the client offered me a job to get out from my supervisor.

You will be placed not on your skills, but on what jobs they have open.

Advice to Management

This is to the SAN JOSE STAFF.
    If you treat your employes right, they will treat you right.
    Having to wait all day to in a locked lobby to see someone from the office (uniform, benefit questions, complaints...) is not fair to your employes... When the clients treat your officers better then you do then maybe you need to re-think your system...

2. "Average wage you to death"

Current Employee - Site Supervisor
    Current Employee - Site Supervisor

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

none I see it only getting worse

Cons

Long Hours/ Average wages to avoid paying full OT/ No Benefits/ Give you a anniversary check every year off an avg of hours worked and that counts as a vacation check but you never get to take time off.

Advice to Management

Take care of the people below you that make it possible for you to have a paycheck