Securitas Security Services USA - not a bad place to start | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Securitas Security Services USA

"not a bad place to start"

Current Employee - Security Guard in Buffalo, NY
Current Employee - Security Guard in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent pay with opportunity for overtime
paid vacation for full time employees after one year
various benefits

Cons

may have to miss family engagements for work (holidays)
must be able to be contacted 24 hours a day 7 days a week

Advice to Management

work closer with clients to ensure safest working conditions for guards (two guards on overnights when patrols are required for example)

Other Employee Reviews for Securitas Security Services USA

1. "Great place to start security"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of hours and opportunity for OT every week. You get what you put into this job. Work to your best ability and you will be noticed.

Cons

Just like everyone else in the world, I wish the pay rate was a little higher. That would be the only complaint.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You've been performing very well and handling the changes quite smoothly.

2. "Dangerous areas with no protection and no power"

Current Employee - Patrol Officer in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Patrol Officer in Kansas City, MO

Pros

Decent pay, good coworkers, very easy

Cons

Too easy. We go to some of the worst areas in the metro area and the company doesn't allow us to carry oc spray, tasers, batons, knives, handcuffs and detain, or even wear body armor. We've had officers held at gunpoint still nothing. Our vehicles are wrecked some worse than others. The vehicles don't have spotlights installed we have a couple of plug in spotlights but not enough to go around, even to use them to inspect from in vehicle we have to roll the windows down and further expose ourselves. The vehicles have no light bars or dash lights; this makes us more vunerable because our cars are less noticeable to passerbys if we are in trouble. I'm scared when I go to work because I'm not allowed to protect myself don't have the equipment, can't wear body armor, and physical force is not allowed unless its life or death of myself. I can't help peopl, our clients don't even know we can't help them because we aren't allowed to do anything. If someone's being attacked we can't get involved physically. This isn't security it's a joke. I'm scared going to work because I'm not allowed to protect myself or the property we are hired to and of we do we can lose our job.

Advice to Management

Change! Let us protect ourselves, let us protect the property we're hired to protect, establish consistant vehicle equipment all should have emergency lighting and spotlights. We hav high turnover because of this!