Securities America - My experience has largely been positive and I have been given opportunities for career growth. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Securities America

"My experience has largely been positive and I have been given opportunities for career growth."

Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Omaha, NE

Pros

There is the opportunity to obtain industry licenses prior to moving into compliance and supervision-related positions.My co-workers are generally very friendly and do their best to make it a positive work environment.

Cons

The company has had its reputation damaged with recent regulatory issues and bad press. There isn't a set career path for some departments.

Other Employee Reviews for Securities America

1. "It all depends on you and your book of busines."

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Good payout of commissions relative to other brokers

Cons

You need to learn everything on your own. If you want additional training you have to pay for it. No personalized onsite training, all computer based.

Advice to Management

N/A

2. "Get Ahead in the Financial Services Industry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Pros

Securiteis America is a great place to work. If you are a competant hard worker the management team will notice your hard work and Securities America has several internal program for helping people become better leaders. These programs include and "Emerging Leaders Program" and "Leadership Discussion Groups" and they are designed to help employees excel into leadership positions. This is a great place to gain the knowledge required to build a career in the finanical services industry.

Cons

Securities America's business directly correlates with the economy and more particularly the stock markets. Although we see both of these making a recovery the company will remain cautious about its growth prospects through 2010. Although the company remains cautious which limits the prospects for "immediate" promotion, but I feel that the company is in the right place for growth when the economy turns the corner.

Advice to Management

I believe it is important to work to retain top talent throughout the organization. I have read several articles on what happens to employees as the economy strengthens and recently there was a shift that there are now more employees voluntarily leaving employment for new positions than being laid off. These articles identify that many top employees feel it is easier find a better work experience with a new company than with their current company. Securities America's leadership should identify ways to help their top employees focus more on their strengths.