Sedgwick Claims Management Services - Its very frustrating to work here. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sedgwick Claims Management Services

"Its very frustrating to work here."

Former Employee - Systems Analyst/Programmer - Senior in Memphis, TN
Former Employee - Systems Analyst/Programmer - Senior in Memphis, TN

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The office is nice and the work hours are fair.

Cons

There are too many impediments in the way of getting work done. There are too many people involved in projects and its disorganized. If you like to work somewhere were you feel like you are getting things done and executing on projects, then you aren't going to feel satisfied here.

Advice to Management

Management levels need to be collapsed and you need to look at improving processes and how to get work done more efficiently and effectively.

Other Employee Reviews for Sedgwick Claims Management Services

"Unethical practices and politicing is the norm."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Outstanding benefits - I have not come across a company since with better benefits. There are also a lot of good people in the organization, but...

Cons

Leadership positions involve extensive amounts of politicing and backstabbing. Management is asked to lie to employees to cover up wrong doings. Worse, management is told to lie to clients about significant issues (like costs). Who you know gets you ahead, not what you know. Extensive travel is required to get ahead (so forget about work-life balance if you want to move up in the company). It is a culture of "what have you done for me lately". I have seen many managers become physically, mentally, or emotionally shattered in this high pace organization only to have senior leadership cast them aside.

You know you are in a bad place when you have to have a meeting to discuss how you are going to manipulate your way through layers of management to accomplish a task. "Tell this person this, but don't tell this person that" or "we'll get so-and-so to side with us against this person so we have more power". Those are the meetings and it is sad that rather than focus on organization success, the focus is more on protecting your territory or trying to destroy someone elses.

Advice to Management

Any advice to management would fall on deaf ears. The style of leadership is ingrained in the culture. So unless there is a significant shake up, little will change. Unfortunately, removing entrenched leadership would be catastrophic to the employees who report to them since the culture also involves throwing your direct reports to the wolves to save your own skin.

"Our way"

Current Employee - Liability Claims Examiner in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Liability Claims Examiner in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have excellent employee benefits.

Cons

They make impossible promises others are expected to keep.

Advice to Management

I think the Sedgwick brand should be marketed as doing it our way. meaning the employees do an excellent job of doing what we can for our clients, but we should be handling claims the Sedgwick way, not the way our clients dictate to us. If a client demands we do things a certain way, we should tell them that we're selling the Sedgwick way and that's it. The Sedgwick way is about results and cost savings, how we do it though is up to us. No crazy impossible promises to clients, no overly-burdensome expectations on the claims staff.