Seiler - Amazing Culture/Quality People | Glassdoor

"Amazing Culture/Quality People"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Seiler full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- top knotch management and leaders - amazing culture and vibe - staff are truly incredible - unbelievable HNW client list - great training and development programs - clear career path lay out - not a BIG 4 environment

Cons

- too much food

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Continue to keep a pulse on your great staff.

Seiler2019-01-15

Other Employee Reviews

"Manager"

I have been working at Seiler

Pros

Just started and this company is amazing. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. Best choice ever

Cons

What can you say about a perfect company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Seiler2019-08-05

"Great coworkers, not so great management"

I have been working at Seiler full-time

Pros

The snacks year-round, the tax season perks, the meals, massages, the coffee. Most of the people are great to work with.

Cons

Favoritism, favoritism, favoritism. I have watched some great employees be let go and also have watched some bad ones get promoted since they brown-nose. I have watched people threaten to quit, some of them were given raises, opportunities to work from home, opportunities to work in a different office to be closer to home, etc. I have also seen some just asked when they would like to schedule the exit interview, and... I have seen some who were walked out. Work performance is not what determined who got what. It was all based on favoritism.

Advice to Management

You seem to be protecting certain people while watching others be swept under the rug or thrown in front of busses. A lot of the partners can be difficult people, and we are just accountants who handle that type of environment differently. Some may call it hostile, and some may be accepting of the criticism. Just like in school, everybody learns differently. We have to be accepting of you all when you are having a... bad day / off day, but if we don't brown-nose you then you won't be accepting of us. The turnover is insane. You keep expanding locations to make it seem as if there is growth but your headcount remains the same. A lot of your managers are rude people. They don't talk to their subordinates how they suck up to you. I don't even know what some managers do and they get praised all because they are protected and brown-nose. If you are reading this and don't see it, then you probably are one of the people who have it great. You are probably one of the people who is being favorited and who is protected. You also dont see the same side that we see who are not in the favorites group. I read a lot of reviews before writing this one, and it saddens me that you discredit every single one mentioning the CAO. There really can't be that many people saying the same thing about her and think they are all fake. I watched her fire my favorite IT guy who had great performance and a great work ethic but I am pretty sure it was based on favoritism as well. I hear a lot of talk about the IT manager not being friendly or not being reliable or not being suitable. I have heard this from the lower-level employees, from managers, and from even partners, but somehow he is here and the other guy was fired? I think he is in the protected group along with the CAO.

Seiler2019-12-02

Discover more reviews about Seiler.