Select Energy Services - I drove a water truck for them, hauling water to and from gas drill sites. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Select Energy Services

"I drove a water truck for them, hauling water to and from gas drill sites."

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Towanda, PA
Former Employee - Truck Driver in Towanda, PA

I worked at Select Energy Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Select Energy Services was a company many people wanted to drive for in Pennsylvania. They were good at getting the driving jobs, paid well and there was lots of overtime.

Cons

I enjoyed working for Select Energy Services except for the long hours. Sometimes I was afraid that if I didn't take the overtime I would be penalized.

Advice to Management

Don't let your drivers drive more legally allowed.

Other Employee Reviews for Select Energy Services

1. "Disappointed with the middle management"

Current Employee - HSE in Towanda, PA
    Current Employee - HSE in Towanda, PA

Pros

Work outdoors in a field that is exciting and I am fortunate to work with people from different cultures when I'm on site

Cons

There is no developement for people .The leadership is unprofessional and makes the entire company look bad to other people in the oil field

Advice to Management

I was very excited to come to work for a smaller company that was in the growing phase. Development of your people is so important at all levels, If your people are not challenged and growing they will be looking elsewhere to grow. You will have a higher retention rate if people think they are important enough that Select is investing in them. Go above industry standard It will pay off!

"You take the good w/the bad."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, TX

Pros

Its an opportunity to contribute and be a part of a private company that is trying to go public.

Cons

Communication and a lack of training are two reasons employees continue to struggle w/their daily responsibilities. The best qualified are not always the ones given the opportunities but rather the best connected are. There is little support many times from upper management in doing what is needed to improve the work environment. More times than not, it is all about short-term solutions and temporary fixes that ultimately cost two to three times as much to remediate.