Select Medical - Not ideal | Glassdoor

"Not ideal"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Select Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

higher pay than most companies in my area.

Cons

If you are a therapist, your paperwork is micromanaged. They never point out things you do well, just everything you are doing wrong. There is zero employee appreciation and I have never once heard anything about quality of care. They don't care about the patients or you. You have to wait 90 days to be eligible for benefits (other places I've worked it was the first of the next month of hire) and you don't START accruing PTO until AFTER 90 days. No holiday pay. You have to maintain 90% productivity which is difficult. The second you fall below that they are all over you. If you are looking for top dollar, this company pays well. If not, I would not recommend working for Select Medical.

Other Employee Reviews for Select Medical

"Abnormal assignments for ICU Nurses at 4,5,6 patients to one nurse."

Current Employee - RN ICU in DeSoto, TX
    Current Employee - RN ICU in DeSoto, TX

I have been working at Select Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are supportive to heavy workloads, if they have time to help.

Cons

Assignments are not based or severity, needs and care necessary for patients. Admits are additional to the already heavy and impossible work load. Negative feedback on any topic. Complaints of lack of logic or dangerous overloads in work, results in termination. Low census due to lack of doctor admits, means less work available for all staff.

Advice to Management

Management verbally abuses and insults staff on regular basis. They teach to respect co-workers and patients rights but show nothing of this to their own employees. Power struggles from nursing management and the medical director are a constant issue for staff and results in a fear for your job. All claim absolute power and the abuse of it. The receiving end of the abuse is always the nurses who are over whelmed with excessive care assignments. Paranoid work place for anyone who is threatened to loose their job daily for asking questions relating to poor logic or dangerous assignments like 5 ICU patients per nurse and one tech to assist that singular nurse in the entire ICU.

"overall company does not care about prn employees. been there 2 years and there are no incentives"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Macon, GA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Macon, GA

I have been working at Select Medical part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love what I do an my coworkers are excellent to work with

Cons

work a schedule full time employees don't want which includes weekends and most holidays and the supervisor allows it to happen if I allow it

Advice to Management

show appreciation for your devoted employees. . sometimes a thank you is not enough