Select Medical - Select is truly a team attitude promoting employer. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Select Medical

"Select is truly a team attitude promoting employer."

Current Employee - Senior Physical Therapist in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Senior Physical Therapist in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Great upper management with open door policy. You feel noticed and appreciated from the co-workers, other disciplines, case managers all the way to the top. I have had tremendous health problems affecting my ability sto work. They care and are working with me in many ways. They still acknowledge me as an excellent therapist and asset to the company. They do a tremendous job of orientating and working new employees into the facility and feeling like part of the team. Departments and employees from other disciplines work as a team for the support of the patients and families, from keeping the rooms looking neat to cleaning up "messes," to being there when a patient has complications. I actually feel loved and cared about which sounds corny but true. I have a fantastic department director and as she said to me one day when I was struggling with a personal problem, "work is a safe place for you."

Cons

They could have a better PTO policy by far. They don't offer much in external continuuing education but the base pay is really good. The health, disability, life insurance, 401K etc benefits are excellent, so the lack of continuuing ed money is a trade off.

Advice to Management

None. It is a great place to work.

Other Employee Reviews for Select Medical

"Nursing Management not competent."

Former Employee - Hospital Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Hospital Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Growth Ops, Pay Benefits

Cons

Nursing Management not competent. Unsafe environment for licensed professionals - license at risk.

Advice to Management

Replace Clinical Management/Leaders

"Not a good place to work. Pocket fillers on top."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Pros

The pay isn't too bad. It is competitive.

Cons

Management is not experienced. Very unappropriate behavior.

Advice to Management

Think before you promote. Your hiring process needs to be revamped. CEO's should be screened thoroughly. Hiring locally is done on a whim to just fill the position. Turn over rate is extrememly high due to the lack of trust and respect of management.