Select Specialty Hospitals - Dedicated to performing with 100% | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Select Specialty Hospitals

"Dedicated to performing with 100%"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

I worked at Select Specialty Hospitals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful staff, wiliness to help, PTO, Hospital offers an opportunity for many advanced care nurses to utilize their skills.

Cons

Present Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) is extremely difficult to work with. Company has almost an entire new nursing staff since she was hired. CNO constantly using foul language, lies repeatedly. Many Long term staff has been terminated or has found employment elsewhere. Nurses are extremely worried about practices that may cost their license.

Other Employee Reviews for Select Specialty Hospitals

1. "great work place"

Former Employee - Respiratory Therapy in DeSoto, TX
    Former Employee - Respiratory Therapy in DeSoto, TX

I worked at Select Specialty Hospitals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great staff with smiling faces great management always on time and on top of any issues. Not busy bodies but truly interested in staff.

Cons

Some of the challenges was keeping up with changing times. Pay was good but with cost of living creeping up and up they have to stay on top of it and make adjustments accordingly..

Advice to Management

stay positive

"A Good Learning Experience"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Detroit, MI

I worked at Select Specialty Hospitals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Select Detroit had great preceptors and charge nurses who would help whenever anyone asked. The training was fantastic; I learned a great deal about caring for patients on ventilators, critical drips, and performing wound care. Select also required RNs complete numerous online courses which I viewed as valuable training. The main reason I recommended Select Detroit is for the breadth and depth of training for new RNs.

Cons

The cons: only being able to select three days out of the month to keep as "yours," the rest of the days you had the possibility of being scheduled, A/C didn't work and regional management didn't care. One person advocated to have the A/C repaired and was subsequently dismissed. The environment was dirty and we often ran out of snacks we needed to give patients their meds. The patient-to-nurse ratios were 4:1 but should be 3:1 to assure patient safety. Sometimes this ratio was 6:1 which is dangerous for patients and nurses alike.

Advice to Management

Don't dismiss people for advocating for patients and staff alike.