SelectHealth - A great place to work! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SelectHealth

"A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Murray, UT
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Murray, UT

Pros

SelectHealth has excellent benefits including pension, 401k, and tuition reimbursement as well has health, dental, and life insurance and paid time off. There is even an on-site fitness center with access to a personal trainer.

Cons

Health insurance companies are not very popular at the moment, although SelectHealth is one of the top-rated. Some friends and family give me a hard time about "working for the enemy".

Advice to Management

Education can be overrated. It is frustrating to get turned away from a job because I don't have a college degree. Work experience should also be considered.

Other Employee Reviews for SelectHealth

1. "Configuration analyst"

Pros

It is a fantastic place to work.

Cons

None it is a great place

2. "Really depends on your job, I guess, but for hourly stay away!"

I have been working at SelectHealth full-time

Pros

I've had good managers and great coworkers. Training is pretty good and most of the job expectations are reasonable (the one that is not is kind of a doozy though).

Cons

Micromanaging. Usually this does not come from direct management but higher up the chain, but it's rampant. Worst aspect of this company is how inflexible it is with time off - they're starting to track PTO hours really aggressively. So if someone has used their PTO (say they just got back from a vacation, or are chronically ill), they are in a bad position if something happens that requires leaving the office. Maybe their kid is sick and needs to go to the doctor. Maybe someone hit their car on the freeway and they have to spend the day dealing with insurance. Whatever it might be, because you don't have PTO, you're outside of budgeted hours, and discipline for that escalates really quickly. If you want any kind of work-life balance I'd steer clear of SelectHealth and apply for Intermountain instead; it's a sister company but they're much more flexible. The other thing is that SH has a ton of people on phones trying to move up and only so many positions open, I think it's pretty difficult to advance - I keep seeing my coworkers passed over for jobs they're very qualified for. Finally, we have an HR that doesn't seem to know what they're doing, but that might be my department and not the entire company so take that one with a grain of salt.

Advice to Management

Be more flexible. Hardly anyone wants to stay here because of how rigid this company is for hourly employees, on top of needing to handle customers that can be extremely difficult. For most people it's just not worth it.