SendGrid - Great potential but disorganized | Glassdoor

"Great potential but disorganized"

Former Intern - Software Engineer(Internship) in Irvine, CA

I worked at SendGrid for less than a year

Pros

Friendly people. Great learning experience. Catered lunches, stocked kitchens, and other office perks. Some amount of freedom to choose and shape projects.

Cons

Disorganized, not only did I not have an orientation due to errors my manager was out for couple weeks right when I joined. The projects were not clearly defined and work came in on the go with low expectations which was then turned around as my incompetence.

Advice to Management

Have a clear plan for the interns from day one, if not, at least let them know about their options, check in with them often and maybe expect a little more from them so as to help them grow. Be transparent with them about the process and don't leave them hanging in the last week.

SendGrid2019-01-19
  1. "Seriously the best career choice I've ever made"

Current Employee - Product in Denver, CO

I have been working at SendGrid full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- culture and people are amazing, they challenge you and push you to be the best version of yourself. - decision making process is astounding for a company of our size. Product, finance and engineering decisions are made in a very data-driven way. - Willing to discuss the hard topics and make the most informed decision. - Benefits are amazing, free lunch everyday is fantastic, i hope we don't lose this. - If... you're motivated and willing to work hard, you can be recognized and tasked with more responsibility. I've seen many people grow their careers here and be promoted every year based on their performance and determination.

Cons

- typical pains related to integrating with Twilio after the acquisition in Feb of 2019. Most painful of which is the figuring out how we make decisions now as one larger company. (Twilio has less process / standard way to make decisions, SendGrid has a formalized process). - The general energy of the company is lower now after the Twilio acquisition – still positive but now that we're not a standalone, public... company, there appears to be less control over our business (email, email marketing) destiny. - Culture of Twilio, while close to SendGrid's, is definitely different and will take some time to feel part of one

Advice to Management

Keep working to make Twilio better by adopting and incorporating the best processes, people and systems across the two companies. There is a lot to learn from the employees at both companies that, if implemented, could result in an awesome company.

SendGrid2019-07-09
  2. "Great Company in Denver"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at SendGrid full-time

Pros

Great culture and fantastic people.

Cons

Expectations for work can be unrealistic.

SendGrid2019-11-15

Discover more reviews about SendGrid.